Re: Saving Your Place in WMP

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:57:49 -0400

Hi, Katherine.

Not to belabor the point, I wanted to alert you to a device designed to meet our reading needs. You can download audio and other books onto a Victor Stream. When you turn it off, it automatically leaves you at the spot in the book where you stopped. If you happen to be reading several books at the same time, each one restarts where you left off. It has a number of other features that help both reading, such as a variable speed control, and navigating through a book. These features are ones most sighted listeners of audio books don't appear to appreciate, and so programs such as WMP and Winamp don't yet provide them. Well, WMP allows you to speed up playback, but only by one step.