Re: SP2 for XP has serious bugs

  • From: "Ricque" <ricque@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:07:28 -0400

Hi Alan,
I suspected as much from Microsoft.
I don't understand why anyone using Jaws, and running internet security
software,
would bother with downloading and installing the new service pack.
Here's what it boils down to:
1. If you are a Jaws user,and you already have internet security software,
chances are you have already determined how to access the programs, either
through scripting, work arounds, or other means.
2. Why install something else that you don't really need?
The new service pack is an 80mb download, according to Microsoft,
and follows the traditional promises that they offered in the past.
If what you have on your machine is working,for you, don't mess with it.
People are in a hurry to get the latest, and greatest, when there are enough
problems with the software they are already using.
I have looked at a lot of upgrades, and updates, and found that alot of the
time they don't fix problems, they just add new features.
Jaws users, need to be careful about what they download,
there are enough quirks with Jaws, and different applications that we need,
why add to the problem?
These are just my opinions,
I keep my system to a minimum, and have few problems.
Richard Justice