Re: Run dialogue Jaws default mode question

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:43:38 -0800

I'm sorry, Ben. I don't think I understand your question. But if you mean
can you change your Jaws settings some way other than through the Jaws
interface, either the Jaws screen and its options or the configuration
manager, no. You have to be in Jaws to manage the settings of jaws. I don't
know what you mean by "switch back out" and I'm not sure the above is even
what you're talking about. Maybe someone else can answer this more
helpfully.

All we were discussing is file management on the hard drive. Not doing
anything to any programs. They have interfaces for that. You can't tweak
them with commands from the command line. That's the same now, in Windows,
as it always was before in DOS computers. On a DOS computer with Word, if
you wanted to change some setting in Word, you did it through word. Not with
some command on the DOS command line.

Not sure if that's what you were thinking, but it's all I can imagine.