RE: Requirements for web page accessiblity

  • From: "Milton Ota" <mota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 05:51:00 -1000

You should direct your friend to the Freedom Scientific homepage and have
him go through the Surfs Up Challenge. He can either go through the
information online ordownload the file to his computer and then he should
also download a demo copy of JAWS which will run for 40 minutes with reboot
every 40-minutes. He should also try using JAWS without his monitor on.

If he would like a blind person to test the page for a fee, he could either
contact me directly or Dan Clark at Freedom Scientific for recommended
individuals certified by Freedom Scientific who have completed the training
for testing Website and PDF files for accessibility.

Milton Ota
Island Computer Access Now (ICAN)

  _____