Re: Reading blank lines with SayAll

  • From: Adam <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 06:43:12 -0500

Hey Steve,

Here is a quick fix solution, kind of old tip I used some years ago when designing source codes in C, C++:

1 Make a copy of your document.

2 Locate the Hard Return code in Word.

3 Use Find and Replace to convert the Hard Return to something. like "Blank Line Here".

4 Jaws will read those blank lines during Sayall without pain.

5 If the purpose here is to check formatting, you can stop reading anytime and deal with unwanted blank lines.

6 When done, use Find and Replace again and reverse the above mentioned conversion, that is to say from Blank Line Here to Hard Return.

7 If satisfied, rename the document.

Naturally, this procedure will work with any screen reader.

Good luck.

Adam

Griffiths, Steve wrote:

I'm using JAWS 6.20 and Word 2000. I've changed a setting in the
Configuration Manager, SayAll options so that JAWS should read blank
lines during a SayAll, but I'm not hearing anything to indicate the
presence of blank lines. This has happened on two PCs and I'm wondering
if I'm missing something - has anyone had a different experience?

Steve