Re: Question for a Friend

  • From: "Robbie Curtis" <essence64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 22:00:01 -0500

Thanks Joseph.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 8:24 PM
Subject: re: Question for a Friend

Hi there,
Windows 2k can only be upgradable to XP Pro
only.  Your friend doesn't have to reformat
the hard drive if he's going to use XP Pro.
If your friend uses 2000, then that person is
effectively using JAWS Pro.  If your friend
is going to use JAWS Standard with XP Home,
then you'll need to reformat it (JAWS
Standard will only work on XP Home).  I do
not have the steps right now, but somebody
who've done it might help you.  You'll need a
Windows XP CD in order to do it (there is an
excellent podcast done by Rick Harmon about
unattended Windows XP installation).
Cheers,
Joseph

<essence64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Date sent: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 20:13:20 -0500
>Subject: Question for a Friend

>Wonder if you guys can help me with
something:

>My friend has a computer with Windows 2000 on
it and would like to use Windows XP instead
so that he can use JAWS Standard.  He doesn't
have the money to get JAWS Professional.
Windows 2000 won't let him downgrade, so I
told him that he probably needs to reformat
the hard drive and then install Windows XP.
If this is true, can you provide me with
written step-by-step instructions on what
needs to be done?