RE: Question: The Virtual Ribbon

  • From: Rose Combs <rosecombs@xxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 05:46:46 -0700

I liked the virtual ribbons at first until I discovered that I could not
find a way to open some messages in my e-mail Outlook 2010.  I turned them
back off because I know the keystrokes to accomplish this without having to
sort through menus or spend a lot of time on the ribbons.  I have used the
ribbons since Word 2007 came out with Jaws 9 and 10 so it really is more or
less second nature to me by now.  Tried them, and for a new user it would
probably decrease the learning curve but for someone who has worked with
them for a couple of years it was not all that much help. Oddly enough I
seldom use the QAT not even for the commands built in, never think of it and
I should.

Rose Combs

rosecombs@xxxxx