Re: Purpose of a Screen Reader (RE: Who Needs JAWS 12 Anyway?)

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 22:15:30 +0100

how interesting,I have help at times from a friend who has professional
equipment  my Jaws both 10 and 11 are  just for home users I forget the term
is it premium? anyway so far it has been free and I did hear last year it
would become chargeable  eventually, is that no longer the case? I must say
it can be a life saver  it works on both windows 7 computer and XP, it
beats a local engineer who knows nothing about assistive  technology,but put
in software called log me in ,that is free,but it meant if my computer was
on
with no warning he could log on and tinker around with settings, I have
disabled that now,  the tandem feature your computer is in the hands of a
trusted
friend ,   who is using Jaws, long may it last Incidentally I see the
Lighthouse Post is not as I had imagined some poor Jaws user stuck in a
lighthouse and begging for fixes from fs, but a very interesting organisation Dorothy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curtis Deliver" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>