Re: Punctuationin certain applications with JFW

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 13:53:46 -0700

Eileen,

You're correct. They do not stay that way since (in the case of Notepad)
there is no way to save the settings in a JSI file.

Here's what you do:

First let's assume you are using the default punctuation of "some".

In your text processor of choice, open the configuration manager.
Again if it's the first time, you'll be prompted to create a new
configuration file.
Alt-s to open settings menu and down arrow to Customize Punctuation.
You are in a list of punctuation marks, starting with the exclamation mark.
Along with each you'll hear one of the following: all, most, some, none.
Remember that your default setting is "some"?
Well, if you want to always hear a punctuation mark in that application with
that setting, then hit the spacebar until you hear "none".
Do this for any punctuation's you want to always hear.

The idea is to set the level (all, most, some none) to be at least one level
lower than the current default setting.

So if for example you usually have it set to "most" punctuation then just
make sure that the ones you want to hear are set to either some or none.

When you're done, tab until you get to the OK button and hit enter.
Then Alt-F and s to save the configuration file.
Then Alt-F4 to close the dialog. This should do it.

If you totally mess things us then just select the default button in that
dialog to set things back to normal, and start messing around again.

Dave