Re: PDF question

  • From: "Michael G." <commodore128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 21:28:56 -0500

Hi,

PDF stands for Portable Document Format.  You'll find a lot of ebooks,
documents, and other written materials that are saved as a PDF file.  PDF is
used by businesses a lot.  Once a form is created and saved on a computer as a
PDF document, they can be certain that those who receive the PDF file and print
it out, that the format of the document will be unchanged and an exact
duplicate.  eBooks often use PDF as well.  For the most part, Jaws works very
well with PDF files.  Adobe, the makers of PDF, have done a great job of making
their PDF standard very accessible.

Michael