Outlook 2003 shared calendars in day view

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:18:07 +0100

A number of my clients have the requirement to work with shared
calendars in Outlook 2003, that is calendars that belong to colleagues
but to which my clients have been given permission to read, create, edit
and delete items.

JAWS 6.2 and 7.0 work well in Outlook 2003 shared calendars in day view,
but JAWS 7.10.452U seems to have some major problems! When I move to one
and then press RightArrow or LeftArrow, JAWS says "list box", but
doesn't give the date or read out the number of appointments for the
day. Subsequent RightArrows or LeftArrows give no vocalisation at all.
Tab still works to move around the appointments, but sometimes it gives
the correct information and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm getting the same results on three different PCs. I've tried removing
any personalised settings to ensure I'm using the JAWS defaults, I have
tried resetting the colours with Alt + Control + Shift + Z, I've worked
on a number of different shared calendars with permissions set between
"editor" and "owner", and I've stopped and started both JAWS and Outlook
a number of times - the results are the same. With JAWS 6.20.65U and
7.00.135U the same calendars work OK.

Has anyone come across this situation, or have an idea of what I could
try to get past it? Thanks in advance

---
Steve Griffiths,
IT Trainer, Access Technology Support Unit
Royal National Institute of the Blind
105 Judd Street
London WC1H 9NE
Tel: 020 7391 2232