Re: OE spell check and Jaws problem

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 11:22:33 -0800

Adrian,
Thanks, but yes, it's very improbable in my case.  I turn off the computer
every night.  But thanks.
ver n
From: Yardbird

For only what seems like a few weeks, spell check while I'm composing email in
OE composing email seems to have suffered a bit of a breakdown. For some typos
and misspellings, it still lets me "see" the suspect word in context when I
press the Jaws/Insert key plus C. But a good deal of the time, now, to my
considerable distress, if I can't recall from the sound of the mistake what I
meant to say and choose well from the list of options for replacement, and
press Insert C, all I hear is "Word not found."

This isn't much help, of course, so I give the command to Ignore the mistake
and go on. After closing the spell checker when it's done as well as it was
able under the circumstances, I close it and review the entire message, seeking
out the remaining mistakes manually and correcting them myself. This isn't
nearly as much fun as having a fully functional spell checker working for me.
to put it nicely.

Any ideas? This is Jaws 7.0 and OE 6, and I haven't changed anything in either
of those two applications for ages. Maybe even forever.

Thanks..

12:22 PM