OE spell check and Jaws problem

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:01:21 -0800

For only what seems like a few weeks, spell check while I'm composing email in
OE composing email seems to have suffered a bit of a breakdown.  For some typos
and misspellings, it still lets me "see" the suspect word in context when I
press the Jaws/Insert key plus C.  But a good deal of the time, now, to my
considerable distress, if I can't recall  from the sound of the mistake what I
meant to say and choose well from the list of options for replacement, and
press Insert C, all I hear is "Word not found."

This isn't much help, of course, so I give the command to Ignore the mistake
and go on.  After closing the spell checker when it's done as well as it was
able under the circumstances, I close it and review the entire message, seeking
out the remaining mistakes manually and correcting them myself.  This isn't
nearly as much fun as having a fully functional spell checker working for me.
to put it nicely.

Any ideas?  This is Jaws 7.0 and OE 6, and I haven't changed anything in either
of those two applications for ages.  Maybe even forever.

Thanks..