RE: Numlock- "on-off"

  • From: "David Truong" <bnfiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:38:18 +1000

Hi Chip,

I know you are pretty clued up when it comes to inserting code into =
scripts
and compiling them.  You could insert the below example function into =
your
default scripts.  Then you could use some code of your own or the =
example
below and insert that into your AutoStartEvent.  Note: only for advanced
users.  This way, every time Jaws focuses on an application or Jaws =
starts
up, it should look to see if numlock is on and then turn it off if it is =
on.
Of course it goes without saying that you can modify the below code to =
suit
your circumstance.

; *** Example code for AutoStartEvent

If (!IsNumLockOn ()) then
{Numlock}
else
Return
EndIf

; *** End of example code
; *** Start of function

Int Function IsNumLockOn ()
Var
Int iDown,
Int iOn
If GetKeyState ("numlock", iDown, iOn) then
If (iOn) then
Return 1
EndIf
Return 0