Re: Laptop or classic laptop keyboard?

  • From: James <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:39:59 -0500

The 'laptop' keyboard relies on the capslock key as your 'JAWS' key, where
as the classic layout relies on the alt key. There are drawbacks to both,
but no one person can make a recommendation based on that, simply because
you set it however you would feel comfortable doing. On most keyboards, the
capslock key is beside the A key, making it require less movement compared
to the alt key, however some people find the latter allows them more
functionality. Long story short, if you find it works for you, that's what
you should use.

James