Number Processing

  • From: "Joe Orozco" <jsorozco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:52:58 -0600

Dear List:

How would one go about making JAWS read numbers according to their
appropriate format?  When checking time, I sometimes get a message like:
"twelve zero four PM."  While working in MS Word, my document dates will
read something like: "December 15 twenty zero three."  It's rather annoying,
and I've already gone to the configuration manager.  I've set JAWS to
numbers controlled by synthesizer and extended number transalation.  Any
ideas?  I'm running JAWS 4.51 on Windows 98.  Thank you much in advance.

     Best regards,
     Joe Orozco

"good counsels, whencesoever they come, are born of the wisdom of the
prince, and not the wisdom of the prince from good counsels"--Niccolo
Machiavelli