Re: Norton removal and AVG instillation

  • From: "Terrill Reynolds" <terrill1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 18:31:28 -0400

Hi:
You should remove Norton first.  This can be done through add/remove in the
control panel; however
it does a very poor job of removal.  It will leave lots of junk behind in the
registry.  Symantec
knows about this problem so they offer a removal tool instead.  Go to the
following link to down
load the Norton Removal Tool and read instructions for uninstalling Norton.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

HTH
Warmest Regards,
Terrill Reynolds