Re: Norton removal and AVG instillation

  • From: "Richard Sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 15:18:19 -0700

Hi,
I would suggest that if you are going to move from Norton to AVG then you
should go to the symantec site and get their software removal tool. This
would completely remove all components of Norton and therefore you will
probably have no problems in the future.

To be safe, you could download the AVG software and Norton removal tool.
Then unplug your system from the internet (just to be safe). Then remove
Norton before installing AVG. Then once AVG is up and running plug your
internet connection back in and check for updates. Unplugging your system
might not be necessary if you are on dial up or you can do the exchange
relatively fast. The chances of you getting infected in that few minutes is
remote, but not impossible.

One last thing, for those who have a question not directly related to jaws
and might be considered off topic for this list but still tech related,
consider subscribing to the blind tech list. To subscribe send a blank email

blindtech-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with subscribe in the subject line.

Rich Sherman
Co-Moderator of the Blind Tech List