New version of Yahoo Messenger

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:08:54 -0400

Is there anybody out there who really doesn't mind being a beta tester from
the ground up, smile?
Well I have had some time on my hands today and I have been playing with the
latest version of yahoo messenger.  And I *think* I have it so that new
messages will read automatically when you are in the message window.  Now I
can't promise though because as I have stated I don't like chat programs so
I never use them, so I have just been testing this by *chatting* with the
automated yahoo helper, ha ha.  And basically that is all these so called
scripts do right now is read the new messages.  I also played with adding
some
hotkeys in case you wanted to move focus between the place where you read
messages or to the edit area where you type your message.
And there are still a lot of things to work out, but I would just like to
know if they are working at all before I put anymore time into them.
So if you really don't mind being a guinea pig...and you won't be upset if
they don't work and you just have to end up deleting the scripts....and you
don't expect things to work exactly right the first time off the bat....then
drop me a private email at debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a set for Jaws 5 and Jaws 4.51.
Now today is the only day I have much time so after today I won't have a lot
of time to put into them, smile, so if it looks like they aren't working,
I'll be honest I might just say oh well.....smile.
Debbie