RE: Loss of speech

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 12:47:17 -0500

Robert,

Hibernate takes quite a bit longer to recover from; especially if you're
using a laptop, which has a much slower hard drive.  Hibernate writes
the entire contents of memory to the disk, and so has to read them back
in, and on a laptop that can be significantly slower.

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator
Florida Public Service Commission