Long wait before jaws speaks

  • From: "Alvin" <alvin.nkw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 15:36:41 +0800

Hi

Running jaws 9 on a laptop running vista premium.

It takes about 1 minute for jaws to be loaded after booting up my laptop.  I
could hear vista loaded and then a long silence before jaws speaks.

I asked my sighted wife to take a look at my laptop while the laptop is being
booted up.  She told me that visually nothing is happening before jaws speaks.

I went into the startup programs list of MSCONFIG.  I saw that jaws is checked
and arranged at the bottom of the list.  Could this be the cause of the
problem?  If yes, how can I move jaws up the list?  If not, can you please help
me as its quite annoying to wait for a full minute before one can use the
laptop after booting up.

My jaws is set to start automatically at the window logon.  However, as I am
the only user, there is no such prompt.

Thank you.
Alvin