Re: Latest Jaws release

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:16:15 -0600

If you have your computer configured properly you should have absolutely no
problems upgrading.  First stick your authorization cd in your cd rom drive
and wait for the announcement to stop speaking. then press enter and the
message will go away on the screen. Then stick your JAWS 6 cd in the drive
and install as normal.
After that you will be prompted to activate, so follow the simple, and
trust me this is simple instructions for activating over the internet.
You might like to copy your authorization number down for future
reference.  The authorization number is the one found in braille on the
JAWS cd sleave.
It's not very easy to read, but if you stick your authorization cd in the
drive first, that will copy your authorization information into your
computer's registry so that you can uninstall and re-install JAWS without
having to re-activate again.
The only way you may have to re-activate is if you make any hardware
changes or innstall another hard drive. but you can get more authorizations
if you need to.  The murge feature is also there too, but some people have
reported nothing but problems with it. I, however have never had a single
issue with it so the only way to really know is to just try it if you like it.
You might like to check the JAWS help system first to make sure you have
the proper settings for your operating system. Lots of folks have reported
a lot of sluggishness after upgrading, but if you have things configured
properly, JAWS 6 will actually run even faster than previous versions.  So,
make sure you have everything set up and then install and activate.  The
custom labels feature is worth the upgrade alone.