Re: Joining a yahoo group

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 02:55:00 +0100

Not all messages from yahoogroups lists get sent to you by email as they
should - some bounce.  Now, if it happens for some reason that you need
to read such a message or something from the archives of a list, because
you've deleted or otherwise lost the message being desired, you have to
go onto the site to read it.  If you want to modify your particular
yahoogroups list account in any way now, while online, you'll meet with
the graphical word verification box.  (This wasn't always the case:  It
used to be that this verification would only come up when you first
signed on to the yahoogroup.  (This verification is now happening, even
after you've signed in with your Yahoo ID and password.)  (No way is
JAWS able to read it.)  I had an old
Yahoo ID, but it ceased to be valid because (a) I forgot what it was,
and (b) I got hard-bounced so that I temporarily was withdrawn from all
yahoogroups lists.  The only way back on was, you guessed it, make a new
Yahoo ID; and get assistance with that mudsplashing graphical word
verification to confirm it.