Re: Jaws authorization for 2 computers

  • From: "Bob Verity" <rtverity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 21:40:45 -0500

You only need one authorization for each computer.  On any computer you may
have any number of JAWS versions.  On this computer I am using, I have all
versions of JAWS from 4.5 to version 9 and it only takes one authorization.

Now to your other question.  Some people have had a problem installing an
earlier version of JAWS while there is a later version already installed.  You
may have to uninstall version 9 then install version 7 and then re-install
version 9.

It would be a good idea to have a different hot key for each version.  I use
alt control with the version number like alt control 7 and alt control 9 for
example.

hth