Re: Jaws and burning with Textaloud questions?

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:36:42 -0600

Hi. Honestly the best way to answer your questions is to simply try it out for yourself. You are the only one who really knows what you like and how you like stuff to be read, so i could htell you hey it works and sounds great, and then you try it and find that you hate it. with things like synthesizers and voices and screenreaders, each person likes it to be a different way. so try it for yourself and you'll know.

At 12:23 PM 1/29/2007, you wrote:
Hi all, have been listening to all the different things said about text aloud with jaws users and it sounds pretty good. But I need to know something here? Let's say I bring up my document as usual in Word, make changes and so forth. Of course there are all kinds of ,, ., ?, !'s and :; and so forth in the document. Now if I burn this with the Text aloud program, do those voices read all the

punctuation marks or is there certain settings that tell the voices only to read certain things?

Or is the basic set up done in Jaws, with no or some

punctuation marks?

Do the burned copies really read well?

Does Jaws work ok with this program?

Take care all and thanks!