Re: Jaws and Braille typing

  • From: Caterina Avoledo <cate81@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:42:31 +0200

Thank you Alex for your tricks.
I hope it will be found a solution to this bug since I wish to connect
my Braille display via Blutooth and type even if I'm far away from my
pc.
Thank you again.
Caterina

2009/5/12, Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Salve:
>
> You may have discovered a bug then if qwerty translates them well.
> It's probably because the characters share braille dot patterns with
> other things that are determined in context.  Can you do alternate key
> combinations with the braille keyboard?  If so, here are the ansi
> values for the grave characters you need for italian.  to type them
> hold down the alt key and key them in:
>
> 0192 and 0224 capital and lower-case a grave respectively
> 0200 and 0232 capital and lower case e grave respectively
> 0204 and 0236 capital and lower case i grave
> 0210 and 0242 capital and lower case o grave
> 0217 and 0249 u grave
>
> Buona sorte
> Alex
>
> On 5/12/09, Caterina Avoledo <cate81@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm using EuroUnicode.jbt table and I can read properly every
>> character typed with QWERTY keyboard.
>> I do not think that jbt tables have any effect on Braille typing since
>> I can type the e with grave with dots 158 and u with grave with dots
>> 3468, but I read them with dots 23468 and 234568 respectively. I could
>> even learn the apropriate combinations to write some characters, but
>> the problem is I miss some of them as a, i and o with grave which are
>> used often in Italian language.
>> Probably there is an option to specify what kmp table has to be
>> refered, but I don't know where it has been placed.
>> Bye
>>

>> 2009/5/12, Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What is the character you are trying to write and what braille table
>>> are you using?  Sounds to me like you need to be modifying the jbt
>>> file not the kmp file.  I'm guessing the way it lets you use the
>>> braille keyboard is by employing the braille tables to translate your
>>> brailed typing into printed letters on the screen which is the
>>> reversal of how it usually is since most folks use the braille display
>>> for reading print generated by the qwerty keyboard or a pre-existing
>>> document.  I think that if you modify the jbt file you may have better
>>> luck.  You'd need to find out the ansi value for the character you