Re: Jaws Won't Read Portions of a Line

  • From: "tcivi31" <tcivi31@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 15:53:09 -0700

Are you running Norton Anti Virus?
Tom
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 2:37 PM
Subject: Jaws Won't Read Portions of a Line

At certain points when working in Outlook 2003 or Word 2003, JAWS just
refuses to read a section of a line, for no apparent reason that I can
discern. If you space over that section of the line, JAWS will say "Blank"
where each character should be, but when you hit Insert Uparrow to read the
line, or other navigation keys, it just won't read that section of the line.
This can make editing a challenge.

I've tried Insert-Escape to refresh, I've tried maximizing the window, and
still, sometimes it refuses to read.

Any idea what causes this behavior, and how to fix it?

I'm using JAWS 7.0.

Thanks for any advice.