Re: Jaws 9.0 and Mozilla Thunderbird

  • From: Daniel Dalton <daniel.dalton47@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 11:12:43 +1100

On 24/11/2007 8:17 AM, Dave Van Der Molen wrote:
Hi again Daniel and Others!

Hi,

In the Jaws scripts for Thunderbird, under Auto Start, I put the lines

No... They will be executed when the app is started only. That's not what you want.

you quoted re turning the PC cursor off and on in Thunderbird. The problem now is that when I go into Thunderbird, the PC cursor is off all

Yes.

the time, not just when I'm composing messages. Where in the scripts do I put the following lines:

if (GetJCFOption (OPT_VIRTUAL_PC_CURSOR)==1) then
SetJCFOption (OPT_VIRTUAL_PC_CURSOR, 0)
else
SetJCFOption (OPT_VIRTUAL_PC_CURSOR, 1)
endif

Remove the  lines above  from the auto start event. (AutoStartEvent ())

I don't see an "Auto Key Pressed Event section in the scripts."

Ah yes... Oops its called KeyPressedEvent...
And you will need to create a function called KeyPressedEvent
To do this press control e at the bottom of the file.
Once done between the lines
void function KeyPressedEvent ()
and
EndFunction
replace and with the code I said with the if...
Note for function type select void...
Also remove the function AutoKeyPressedEvent from the scripts. It is useless I think.

Then add your name change the version to 1.3 and add the date. Mail them to me and I'll upload them.
Also maybe add a note about jaws 9 support...

Thanks!

HTH

P.s I will modify your version slightly with a const so that the version number is updated in insert q as well...
Cheers.