Jaws 9 as a service

  • From: "Richard sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW Discussion List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:03:11 -0800

Hi,

 My system is currently loaded with jaws 7, 7.1, 8, and 9 beta. I currently
have jaws 9 as the one that comes up on start up. In the past, I have always
modified the default desktop icon to make sure that the start up version of
jaws runs as a  service at all times, even after unloading. to do this, I
learned of how to modify the desktop icon's properties for that particular
version of jaws, and replace the target field with net start jfwservicenet
start jfwservice. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to make this work for jaws 9.

Has anyone else tried this?

does anyone know why this might not be working for jaws 9 beta?

I haven't reported this to FS yet. I wanted to run it by here before sending in
a report about it.

Thanks in advance.

rich