RE: Jaws 9 & Vista

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:46:13 -0400

Nancy,

I'm using vista home premium and jaws 9 on a new Dell laptop, it can be
done!!  It doesn't mean you and I have the same video card, which could
possibly be the problem, but Roy is quite correct about the amount of
trouble jaws has with windows which aren't maximized, and Chris is right
to point out that the issue could be Windows Mail (I use outlook, so
don't know how jaws works with windows mail).

How about trying notepad; type in a document that's many lines long, and
move around in it and see how it does.  If notepad also gives you the
same trouble, it's likely to be an incompatibility with jaws and your
video driver or card, or perhaps a video setting.

Sometimes changing a video setting, such as reducing the number of
colors or the resolution, will help jaws in situations like this.  The
advice to repair it is completely bogus imo.

hth,

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator