Jaws 5.1update and text chatting on Windows messenger

  • From: Troy Burnham <tburnham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:05:11 -0500

Hi All,
This may have been discussed since the new Jaws update came out but I
didn't see it if it has been.

I have the updated version of 5.1 installed and I was just text chatting
with a friend on Windows messenger.  After only three or four messages into
the conversation I had to continually go back and forth between the typing
window and the message window because each time a message came in all Jaws
said was blank.  I knew that this was a problem with the original 5.1 but I
thought it had been fixed in the update, is there a work around for it
without having to go back and load 5.0 when I want to use messenger?

Thanks.
Troy