Re: Jaws 11 update

  • From: "Bill White" <billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:26:19 -0800

Yes, I have experienced this, also.  I have also had a problem with the "check
for updates" method of updating JAWS.  The worst of these problems is that on
my laptop computer, after using this method, the update wouldn't install at
all.  When I called Tech Support at Freedom Scientific, they told me that they
are aware of this problem, and that the best way to get the updates is to use
the web site.  They also told me that the preferred link is the http link
rather than the ftp link.
HTH
Bill White billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx