Re: Jaws 10.0: How can i add German to my Eloquence synthesizer?

  • From: bob jutzi <rjutzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:31:49 -0400

I tried all of those US English voices on my JFW 11 demo. Aside from the human quality, I was unimpressed with the responsiveness of these Realspeaks considering I'm running a Presario Pentium 2ghz Dual core with 2GB RAM. I found Jennifer and Tom to be rather choppy, wit Jill and Samantha performing tolerably well but not nearly as fast as Elloquence. I'm glad these things are free for JFW users as I wouldn't waste any money.

On 6/27/2010 2:59 PM, Alex Midence wrote:
Hi, Dave,

I noticed that as soon as I hit send. Felt rather silly, actually. Must
have zoomed right out of my head as soon as I read that he was
considering paying extra for something he could get for free. Always
bugs me that people should be charged for stuff like that. I am
mystified as to how he got an eloquence version that didn't come with
German already on it. I'm a multilingual individual and German is one of
the 7 languages I speak. I could always hop onto German language
websites without a problem. If I have language detect on, Jaws even
starts speaking them in German without any additional modification of
settings from me. I've been using Jaws with eloquence since like 3.3
and, I've noticed it's always had it there for you when you needed it.
It's just harder to get to now with the profile system instead of just
hitting a hotkey to switch languages on the fly.

Regards,
Alex
Alex

Dave Carlson wrote:
Alex,

Read the subject line and you will have answered your own question.