Re: Jaws 10.0: How can i add German to my Eloquence synthesizer?

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:17:18 -0500

Hallo:

What version of Jaws are you running?  You should have German on it
already.  I don't think you should have to pay for it though.  Are you
strictly set on Eloquence?  Have you ever tried the more natural sapi5
voices?  If you are using Jaws 10 or later, you can download the
realspeak solo direct voices for free from Freedom Scientific.  Two of
them are German voices, Steffi and Yannic.  Here is the link:
http://www.freedomscientific.com/downloads/RealSpeak-Solo-Direct-Voices/RealSpeak-Solo-Direct-Downloads.asp

Use the h key to scroll through the headings.  Each language is its
own heading.  There are many languages.  Each has a sample for you to
listen to.

Viel Glück, mein Freund,

Alex