Re: JFW8&firefox screen refresh, arrows don't focus, live bookmarks.

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:05:53 +0100

Answers below.
Chris Hallsworth
BrailleNote mPower user
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Schucker" <gwynn@xxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:01 PM
Subject: JFW8&firefox screen refresh, arrows don't focus, live bookmarks.

Hi all.  I'm trying to use JFW 8 and Firefox 2.0.0.7, the latest
version in case I got the number wrong, and I'm having a few
issues.  These don't occur with IE 7 and JFW seems to indicate FF
should pretty much work like IE.

1.  A lot of times, FF will put me at the bottom of the page, and the
screen will be blank.  In order to get to the page I need to do
ins-esc to refresh the screen and then ctrl-home to get to the
top.  If IE gets to the bottom of a page it will sometimes blank the
screen and I'll need to do ins-esc, but it seems to be a fairly
regular occurrance in FF, and it's very annoying.  Any way to stop
it?  IIRC FF is pretty much using default settings.
I think this is a bug in the way JAWS handles web pages in Firefox.
2.  In FF, the arrow keys sometimes won't focus on links.  So for
example, I am reading a page with ins-downarrow, and I hear a link, I
stop reading and highlight it with the arrow keys and press
enter.  About half the time maybe, it won't activate because it
doesn't seem to actually be on the link, even though jfw says it
is.  Any solution to this?
Again, this could be a bug in the way JAWS handles web pages with Firefox.
3.  This is maybe more an FF question, but I can't seem to find live
bookmarks anywhere!  I thought it would import my feeds from IE 7,
but even when I go to a site with feeds like http://www.goesping.org
I don't see any preview or it asking me if I want to subscribe or
whatever, even though that's what it's supposed to be doing.  Are all
the live bookmarks things stuck on a toolbar or something?  Can we
actually get access to them?
You can change this, but I can't remember exactly how to do it, except
that's it's under the options dialogue, which can be accessed from the tools
menu.