RE: JFW and Command line Switches

  • From: "Delaunay Christophe" <christophe.delaunay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:37:53 +0100

Hi Brian,

Under windows xp pro, there is a utility called "taskkill".

In order to know what it can do for you, open a command prompt and type

taskkill /?

On my system, if I want to shut jaws down, I type

taskkill /u <my_admin_username> /p <my_admin_password> /im jfw.exe /f

Of course, I never did it as is on my computer for obvious security reasons but
if you manage for people not to have the right of viewing the properties of
this shortcut, why not.

On my computer, all the users have admin privilege. Then, the command is simply:

taskkill /im jfw.exe /f

Problem: I did not check on the vista computer I rarely use, whether this
"taskkill" utility still does exist or not. Moreover, I have no win7 computer
around there to check this also.

HTH. Have a nice day. Chris D