Re: JFW 5.0 read all command reads only one line

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:38:59 -0800

Word remembers the last view used when you worked in Word.  If you type in
normal view, and set bullets, columns, or something that causes Word to
burp, it will change the view to Print Layout.  I usually do a check (Insert
Tab) to see which view I'm in, or just change it to normal view if I'm in
the mood.  It doesn't really affect the way Word reads stuff.  The only time
it will cause problems is when you press tab and it delivers a value
different from the default tab stops.  For example, each default tab stop is
.5 inches.  So in normal view I'd hear .5 inches from left margin.  If I'm
in Page Layout view, I'd hear a slightly higher value.  That's because JAWS
is adding the left margin to the ruler line value.  It's not there in Normal
view.

Francis