re: JAWS with Stickey keys

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:12:58 -0400

Jill,

The Stickey Keys utility doesn't do anything with the JAWS insert key on the
numeric keypad. You have to check a check-box in your JAWS configuration
settings so that the Insert key will work with multiple-key combinations. I
don't recall where that option is found in JAWS , but look around and you'll
find it.

Alan

Jill wrote:
Does anyone out there use stickey keys with JAWS?  I have noticed that the JAWS
key (whether it is the insert key or caps lock key) will not stay locked
to hit it in conjunction with another key.  For example, you still have to hold
down the insert key with the down arrow to do a say all.  Any input is
greatly appreciated!
Jill