Re: JAWS latest trick

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 12:23:31 -0400

Adrian:

sorry for the late reply.  I was in the UK from 15th June to 4th July, so I am
Catching up.  Although I took my laptop, I could not get it fixed until a few
days before my return.  Too late to worry about email and the like, until I got
back.

The CTRL+A command is the Windows command for highlighting all text in a
document, email message, etc, regardless as to where the cursor is in the text.

The CTRL+A command, cannot be used to unhighlight text.

Using any of the arrow keys, page up and page down keys and the home and end
keys will unhighlight any text that is highlighted.

Warning!  If you have selected/highlighted any text, Pressing a key that
inserts a character, including a space character, will result in the text that
is selected/highlighted, being deleted.  If you accidentally do this, press
CTRL+Z to undo your last action and restore the highlighted text.

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber