Re: JAWS and connecting of wireless network

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 07:05:08 -0000

Anders, I have a Netgear router that I use for both a desktop and a laptop,
at the moment desktop is detached and on   floor,having failed last week
However my Isp Zen gave me advise they had a way at their end of checking
any problems, which had using  a router called Edimax  they like Netgear
however they can run a check on your phone line for you  I have BT phone
line not cable, and although  in Zen can now provide speeds of"up to
20 Mbs all depends on the  distance I am from the Telephone exchange,the
wiring also,which where I am is certainly not very good,no Fibre Optics here
the state of copper wiring into your house,I learnt only recently that BT
British Telecom only guarantee the first point into  my house or anyone's if
they put in wiring themselves. On top of that is only guaranteed for 1 year,
so if you are using secondary points make sure the wiring is good. I did
actually once listen to Bt terms and conditions on a Cd, boring? Yes but I
was glad I did.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Anders Boholdt-Petersen"
<english_correspondences@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>