Re: JAWS WITH FIREFOX

  • From: "Sean McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:53:49 -0700

tab will announce links in firefox.
----- Original Message -----
From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 8:02 AM
Subject: Re: JAWS WITH FIREFOX

it's not nearly as functional with jaws as is microslop, but it is doable if
you don't mind using the jaws cursor to read the screens.  I tried a recent
build of its parent mozilla and I could actually tab through and hear links,
but the virtual cursor has no meaning in it.  I'm not certain whether
firefox allows tabbing through links or not and having them announced.  In
any case, there is no forms mode so if you tab to an edit field for
instance, you can just type in it sort of like using that other browser with
the virtuallis cursor turned off.  You will want to investigate the settings
and make the interface as simple as possible though.  It has some keyboard
shortcuts and I imagine over time it will have more.

Johnnie Apple Seed