Re: JAWS Help Going On-Line

  • From: Quanin <quanin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 17:47:24 -0500

JAWS shouldn't be forcing yoru computer to go online, as it has no reason
to. I can think of 2 things that possibly could be happening to your
computer during that time. You either 1: have a program running that wants
to automatically connect your computer to the internet (some programs, such
as MSN, by default want to connect automatically to their servers), or 2:
In activating the JAWS help feature, you may be inadvertantly activating
some other feature as well. Could it, perhaps, be that for some reason your
computer is configured to automatically start up the internet when you
press f1 in the JAWS window (I'm assuming this is what you're doing)? If
so, try going into it via the help menu in that window instead.

James