JAWS Behaving Sluggishly On Google Home Page

  • From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 11:20:48 -0400

Happy Indepencdence Day to all!  This morning, for no apparent reason, JAWS 9
started behaving very sluggishly on my classic Google home page.  When I type a
search phrase into the search edit field, there is a delay between the time I
type each character and the time JAWS echoes it; JAWS does not echo each
character instantly as it is typed.  Also, there is a considerable lag between
the time I hit the Enter key and the time JAWS announces "Enter".  Yet, when I
switch to the IGoogle home page, JAWS behaves normally.  I am using IE 8 with
XP Pro, and have not changed any settings.  Why would JAWS work fine with
IGoogle but not with classic Google?  Has anyone else encountered this problem?
 Thanks.

Gerald