Re: JAWS Authorization questions

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 08:28:12 -0900

In addition to what Chris said, if you already have jaws running on
your desktop with an SMA plan that allows upgrades then installing
those upgrades does not take an authorization.

That too will show up on the fsactivate.com site, as the version
allowed being something like 11.0 + 2 or such.  That would mean you
are currently allowed to use 11.0 and have contracted for the next two
upgrades.

However if you had a earlier version, say 7, and bought an entirely
new license then installing 11 under that new license would require an
activation.

On 1/1/10, Cindy Handel <cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I wanted to install JAWS 11 on my netbook, I had to request additional
> authorization keys, since I had none.  I believe I was given two, but the
> tech, who helped me with an installation problem, said I should have three.
> How do I check to see how many I have, now.  Also, if I install JAWS 11 on
> my desktop, will it use another authorization?  I'm going to upgrade my
> memory on the Netbook and will need another authorization for that, so I
> want to be sure I can install JAWS 11 on the desktop, too.
>
> Cindy
>
> "Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then...find the way."
> Abraham Lincoln
>
> --
> JFW related links:
> Alternative archives located at: