Re: JAWS Authorization questions

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 17:18:27 +0000

The authorization scheme for JAWS works like this. This is for ILM:
Each copy of JAWS you install assigns a unique locking code, or digital fingerprint, of your machine. Along with your 20-digit authorization number, this is used to tie the authorization key to the computer to which JAWS is installed. As part of a single user license you are allowed three keys by default, with additional keys allowed upon request. So in your situation you will be using up all 3 of your keys as:
1) JAWS is authorized on the netbook,
2) JAWS is authorized on the desktop, and
3) JAWS will have to be re-authorized due to a hardware change on the netbook, i.e., upgrade the memory. To find out how many keys you have on your license, go to www.fsactivate.com, click the continue product activation button, and click the verify the number of keys remaining for your freedom scientific product. Enter your serial number and click submit. This will produce a table showing the installation count.
Hope this helps.

Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

I am also on Facebook.

On 01/01/2010 16:57, Cindy Handel wrote:
When I wanted to install JAWS 11 on my netbook, I had to request additional
authorization keys, since I had none.  I believe I was given two, but the
tech, who helped me with an installation problem, said I should have three.
How do I check to see how many I have, now.  Also, if I install JAWS 11 on
my desktop, will it use another authorization?  I'm going to upgrade my
memory on the Netbook and will need another authorization for that, so I
want to be sure I can install JAWS 11 on the desktop, too.

Cindy

"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then...find the way."
Abraham Lincoln

Alternative archives located at:

Alternative archives located at: