Re: JAWS 9 Word & IE 7 Problems

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 18:27:52 -0800

Hi Mark,

First of all, if you wish to copy material from a Web page the old way,
which may suit your needs, open the Insert V menu of options and change that
one to the virtual cursor method instead of the two that describe copying
the HTML Web page in all its coded glory.

But secondly, I've also noticed that when you select some or all of a Web
page now, it doesn't darken to indicate that it's been selected. If the
Insert V option is set to the new capability and you select some or all of a
Web page, it won't darken when you select, but then it *will* darken when
you press Control C top copy.

All of which I, like you, find puzzling.

But if you're using the copy from virtual cursor method, go ahead select
something from a Web page, then open an email or a text file in Notepad or a
Word document (so long as you're set for the virtual cursor option, and be
certain about that), and press control v. You will see that it copies, even
though the selection didn't darken.

I have no idea what this is about. I suppose that the impressions of
partially sighted users aren't paramount on FS's list of priorities, and it
may mean nothing at all in a practical sense. But I can't help but be
distracted and a little mistrustful, just as you must feel.