Re: JAWS 5.0 install fails on XP Home: video interface won't install

  • From: "Allan Wong" <allanwkf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 01:58:10 +0800

hi,

one suggestion from me, log-in to that motherboard bios and disable the
onboard graphic adaptor, get a new graphic card, install the provided driver
and reinstall jaws 5.0.

hth
A W

Hi
I am a sighted person helping install JAWS 5.0 on a blind friend's PC,
which has Windows XP Home. Instal proceeds OK until we run JAWS when all
the graphics go crazy and JAWS asks to install the video interface which
it says completes successfully but after reboot the same problem still
exists.
I've checked the FS website where it does say there can be problems with
Intel graphics which this has but I've tried the suggested fixes like
update drivers, uninstall, re-install but without success.
I would appreciate any help with this as my friend is having to rely on
XP's narrator - yuk!
Regards and thanks in advance
Bryan