JAWS 5.0 install fails on XP Home: video interface won't install

  • From: "Bryan" <bryannp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 09:20:26 +1300

Hi
I am a sighted person helping install JAWS 5.0 on a blind friend's PC, which
has Windows XP Home. Instal proceeds OK until we run JAWS when all the graphics
go crazy and JAWS asks to install the video interface which it says completes
successfully but after reboot the same problem still exists.
I've checked the FS website where it does say there can be problems with Intel
graphics which this has but I've tried the suggested fixes like update drivers,
uninstall, re-install but without success.
I would appreciate any help with this as my friend is having to rely on XP's
narrator - yuk!
Regards and thanks in advance
Bryan