Re: IE7 blocker tool

  • From: "Richard Sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:42:51 -0800

Hi Gary,
I figured it out last night. I downloaded the .exe file from Microsoft. I
ran the file which extracted 4 files to my c:\ directory. One of the files
that was extracted was ie70blocker.cmd. Then I used the run function in the
start menu. I put the following line there:

ie70blocker.cmd /b

Almost instantly  a box came up stating that it had been performed
successfully. I will have to see if it works when the updates come down. To
undo this command replace the /b with a /u and then IE 7 will then download.
Of course you can manually download it at your leisure.

HTH

Rich