Admin: A few things.

  • From: James Homuth <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 19:29:18 -0500

Okay, the last day or so has been... well, chaotic to say the least so far as this list is concerned. To that end, a couple reminders are needed here. First off, there are only two moderators running this list, that being myself and Bruce. If you feel someone else is attempting to do so, you are strongly encouraged to do two things. Ignore it, rather than respond to it on the list and therefore continue a thread, particularly since it will have more than likely been killed by one of us as it is, and let us know off-list. We will take care of it then.

Also, it's important to note we don't always conduct our activities in the public eye. Simply because there hasn't been a response submitted to the list as a whole, do not simply assume it's not being delt with. There are just some things that shouldn't be addressed on the list. That goes from a complaints standpoint, and an administration standpoint.

Thirdly, as much as I'd love to, I can't be sitting in front of the computer all day responding to emails. That doesn't mean I don't get them, nor does it mean I don't read each of them in its own time, but to be blatantly honest if I replied to every email I got, I'd have no time left to run the list. And the same goes for Bruce as well, I'm sure; he does, of course, also work.

On a slightly unrelated note, I'm aware of the rejection errors some people get when mailing the admin address. This doesn't effect your message's ability to be received. We're having a problem with one of the email addresses that one forwards to, and it's being looked into.

Now, a matter of policy. Racism of any kind, directed at any one or group of people, is neither tolerated nor welcome on the list. There is no such thing as a gray area here. This will be everyone's first, last and only warning. If I see it, you will not be on this list. End of story. If you don't agree with that particular policy, then you can feel free to unsubscribe now.

If there are any further questions or concerns, please address them to me off-list, and they'll be delt with accordingly.

James,
List Admin